Wednesday 9 November 2011

Living life lenslessly

Currently I don't have a camera, I'm like they're kryptonite. They break, they get lost, stolen, they start taking photos that are mostly pink. But, I have to admit, sometimes I think it's a good thing. Not now when I'm doing the bloggy thing but take last night. We won tickets to the wrestling, we had great seats, we'd smuggled tasty sweets in, Daniel wasn't feeling too hot but that seems to be the curse of the Newcastle Arena. When Mam and I went to see Eddie Izzard she was ill and last time we went to see wrestling my face mysteriously swelled up. But, point being we were set to have a good time. And we did, we saw some super moves and some great performers, lovely fun. We look out across a sea of people and what do we see?
Cameras. People snapping photos instead of cheering. Absolutely mind boggling. Same thing happened when we went to see the fireworks, I love fireworks. We were sneaking a peak at the Cleadon display and noticed a family so intent on taking pictures of each other in front of fireworks that I don't think they saw a single one.
When did this happen? When did recording being there beat actually being there? I had an amazing night both times. The cool crispy night and we had bonfire toffee (it tasted like treacle, which doesn't sound comforting, but totally was) and some breathtaking fireworks and that great smokey smell. It was great. And no, I don't have a photo to show you, but I was just as there as someone who took one.
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment