Thursday 26 April 2012

Drawing

I've mentioned it before, but I truly loath drawing. Mainly because I can't draw. Or, to be more accurate, I can't draw how I'd like.



 If I could draw how I liked this blog would be full of intricate, smooth, graphic illustrations. 

It is not. It is full of chicken scratchings and cave-drawing. 

Over the past three years I've came a lot closer to making peace with that. But another thing I hate about drawing is white paper. I had a thoroughly un-helpful art teacher who once told me "It's not art if I can still see the paper."

The pressure to leave no white left just freaks me out, so, over Easter I've been playing with using other materials. Brown paper and terracotta tiles to be precise. 

Much happier work spews forth! Off to the reclamation yard to get more yummy tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment